Hammonton Baptist Church Statement of Faith
* We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word
of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will
for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith
* We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally
existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of
the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our
sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead,
ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now
our High Priest and Advocate.
* We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ,
and during this age to convict men, regenerate believing sinner, and indwell,
guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
* We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is
therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and
spiritual life be obtained.
* We believe that the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only ground
for salvation for all who believe.
* We believe that God's church is composed of all who through faith in Jesus Christ
have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and united in the body of Christ,
of which he is the head.
* We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ to establish His kingdom on earth.
* We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the believer to everlasting
blessedness and the unbeliever to everlasting punishment.